Sunday, February 24

Bariloche


2-17-07
On the bus back from Bariloche. I spent too much time not doing things in Bariloche. It is an amazing place, city set in the foothills of the andes. Tons of lakes. I went on some great hikes. I wish I would have been able to do more. There was so much to do in that area. Well, I am going to be returning with m program in a couple weeks, hopefully I get to see the volcano. It was not as serene as Chalten, the woods have more life in them. They are many birds. I saw 2 parakeets. For my birthday, I went on a long hike through woods next to a river with rona, and it was great. The trees were old and the way they creaked made it sound like an old wooden door that was opening. I got cool gifts from Rona and Marina on my bday, went out for a nice dinner courtesy of my parents. Its sad that I wasn't with my family and all of my friends for my birthday, but spending my birthday hiking through the Andes is probably the second best thing I could think of to do for my birthday. I am going back to Buenos Aires now. Happy to be getting settled soon. Patagonia was awesome.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your pictures are sick jerem. Also you look handsome.